Online shopping! Going to malls! Asking loved ones for their wish-lists! Holiday shopping is an on-going process!!
Picking out gifts was such an easy task: pajamas, clothes, books, electronics, makeup, etc. I’m finding it tough to buy gifts now because everyone has enough pajamas, kindles, tablets, and makeup. I found some great ideas from The Toronto Star, and added some of my own interesting ideas:
- Relax with a Massage: Great way to relax and spend time together. Toronto has so many wonderful spa’s that offer their very own unique services.
- Spas: Body Blitz (Women only), Elmwood Spa, Stillwater Spa (Park Hyatt), Hammam Spa (Turkish baths), Spa My Blend (Ritz Cartlon)
- Book a Getaway: Go with your partner, best friends, parents, or anyone else.
- Resorts: Blue Mountain, JW Muskoka, Hockley Valley, White Oaks Resort & Spa
- Let’s go to the Movies: Everything is easily accessible on Netflix now, but taking that time to go out to watch a movie and spending those few hours with your special someone will be something special.
- Take the Train: Viarail has really unique routes that you can explore. No one has to worry about driving, and you’ll get to explore beautiful Canada. The skyline car offers panoramic views while you enjoy your meals. Click here to see the skyline car.
- Invest in Learning: Maybe someone you know has been wanting to learn cooking, make-up, photography, skating, etc. Buy them the present of learning and helping them invest in their future.
- Paint the Night: This is such an awesome experience, you’ll get to paint, drink and then take your painting home. There are a lot of places offering this service. Click here to search.
- Trampoline Park: You’ll get a workout and have a fun group event. Add in a little secret Santa game, with a dinner afterwards. Click here to visit one location.
- Gingerbread House Party: Arrange a potluck and a gingerbread decoration contest. Include prizes, get together, and get creative.
It’s all about investing in experiences. You can look back at memories from these experiences and smile!!
Here are links to a few other gift guides:
- Gift guide for the guy on the go
- Gift of a good book
- Gifts for the life hacker
- Gifts for the stylish guy
- Gift guides for the home cooks
- Gifts for the active person