New year, new beginnings!! Did you make a new year’s resolution this year? I didn’t! I made a little promise to myself to improve on anything I wanted to improve. Here’s to 2018, and I’m starting with getting things done!!
I have a million ideas running through my head, and then I’ll pick up my phone to either message someone or research something. Instead, I end up catching up on my Whatsapp messages or spending hours on Instagram. And there we go, I’ve lost the idea and totally forgot the reason for picking up my phone.
In 2018, I’m trying the following ways to avoid intentional/unintentional procrastination:
1. Lights, Camera, Action: Write down (old school, I know! You can type it up!) your goal, and the ACTION required to accomplish the goal. Main focus is the ACTION. What steps do you need to take in order to achieve your goal? How do you get started? What’s the first step you need to take?
2. Get On With It: Determine the first step, and actually get started. I’ve read this quote “just get started” in so many places. I wanted to start my blogging journey many many many years ago, but I always “couldn’t find the right time…”. All I had to do was get started, and just go with the flow. So one day, I posted a picture on Instagram, drafted a website, and here I am today sharing my passion for fashion and photography!!
3. Distraction, who?!: Figure out your distraction and eliminate it. Turn off the TV, put your phone far away and concentrate on your task. It may be tough at first, but you will accomplish your task with efficiency and excellence. I always put my phone at a walking distance when I am trying to accomplish my tasks. This helps me stay focused, and the phone is too far to reach.
4. Details, Details, Details: Be specific about your steps. Instead of “I will write a blog post today!”, turn it into “I will write a blog post today at 9 AM about Accomplishing Tasks and post it by noon.” The more details you add to your tasks, the easier it will be to accomplish them.
5. Magical Moment: Are you a morning person? Or do you work best after lunch? (All I can think about is food!) Or do you work best at night when the rest of the world is dreaming? What is your magical time? Work during those hours to get the right results!!
Leave me a comment and let me know your tricks for accomplishing your goals!!
Cheers to 2018 and making this year sparkle even more than the previous!!
Wishing you a wonderful 2018!! Happy New Year!!