I love Mexican food!! The spices, the chips, the salad and the GUACAMOLE (of course). Here’s a quick recipe for a Mexican salad.
1/2 iceberg lettuce head
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 orange pepper
1 medium tomato
1 small onion
1/2 pinto beans
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup seasoned potato chips
1 lbs lean ground turkey
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbs of ginger
1 pack of taco/Mexican seasoning
1. Dice garlic and ginger
2. Warm up a wok, add 1/3 cups of water, and add garlic and ginger. (2 tbs of oil can be used instead of water.)
3. Cook for 1 minute, add tbs of water if it’s sticking to the bottom.
4. Add ground turkey to the wok and cook over high heat. Continuously break into bite-size chunks.
5. Once the ground chicken is cooked, add 1 cup of water, and Mexican seasoning. Mix, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until water evaporates with some gravy.
6. While the ground turkey is simmering; cut lettuce, slice bell peppers, slice onions, dice tomatos, add corn, and beans. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. (Remember to check your ground turkey in the middle. Please do not overcook or let the turkey get dry. It should have some sauce in it. 7. In a serving platter, add salad, top with cooked ground turkey, sprinkle cheese, a few pieces of diced avocado, and some chips.
8. Add Catalina sauce, and serve.
I added a little bit of sour cream, and quickly grilled wraps with spicy mayo spread. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!! Quick, easy and healthy!!
Thank you for visiting.