I always need a little something sweet after every meal. I try to look for healthy/natural sweets. This time I decided to make my own dessert, a date bar. I researched a few “easy” date bar recipes, but I didn’t have all of the required ingredients at home. So, I decided to give it a little twist, and make my own recipe. It’s really easy! Give it a try, and let me know how you like it!
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups oats (I used Quaker Quick Oats)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water in a medium pan. Add 1 1/2 cups of pitted & chopped dates to boiling water. Lower heat, and simmer covered. Approximately 10 minutes or once liquid is thick.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat and stir the mix while breaking/squishing dates.
- Mix 2 1/2 cups of oats, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Add the dates mixture to the oats mixtures.
- Mix well!
- Spray 8 x 8 baking tray with oil, and pour the mixture into the tray. The mixture should be thick.
- Spread out the mixture evenly, and drizzle with honey.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve warm or cold. (Sprinkle a little icing sugar!)
Thank you for stopping by!