The weather seems to be getting nicer and I’ve stored away my winter Parka!! Good thing I purchased this blush pink coat from Banana Republic. It’s warm, the perfect length and the most beautiful blush pink. A wool coat is a must in your closet and here’s mine.
A red and pink combination works well with my South Asian outfits. So, I went out and tried it with my dress, and I absolutely love it. What do you think?
Valentines is just around the corner!! Are you planning this year, or waiting for a surprise from your significant other? The lines up at bakery & chocolate shops will be around the corner. Last year Prairie Girl Cupcakes packed special cupcakes with balloons for all valentine’s day orders. Godiva offered special chocolate packages. Flower shops will be filled (or emptied out by the end of day) with gorgeous and fresh bouquets. Restaurants will have special menus for valentines. Love will be in the air!!
Some people don’t think valentine’s day is a big deal, and some people think it’s the biggest day to declare your love. I think it’s a great excuse to dress up, spend quality time together, and express your gratitude and love. It’s a darling time!! So, here’s a lovely outfit for love day!!
It has been a non-stop week of parties, and holiday dinners. It really is the best time of the year. I wore this red pleated skirt with a black sweater for the next holiday dinner. Pleated skirts have always been on my favourites list. Also, this black sweater with a little sparkle makes it the perfect holiday outfit. Fun, Classy & Elegant!!
Online shopping! Going to malls! Asking loved ones for their wish-lists! Holiday shopping is an on-going process!!
Picking out gifts was such an easy task: pajamas, clothes, books, electronics, makeup, etc. I’m finding it tough to buy gifts now because everyone has enough pajamas, kindles, tablets, and makeup. I found some great ideas from The Toronto Star, and added some of my own interesting ideas:
- Relax with a Massage: Great way to relax and spend time together. Toronto has so many wonderful spa’s that offer their very own unique services.
- Spas: Body Blitz (Women only), Elmwood Spa, Stillwater Spa (Park Hyatt), Hammam Spa (Turkish baths), Spa My Blend (Ritz Cartlon)
- Book a Getaway: Go with your partner, best friends, parents, or anyone else.
- Resorts: Blue Mountain, JW Muskoka, Hockley Valley, White Oaks Resort & Spa
- Let’s go to the Movies: Everything is easily accessible on Netflix now, but taking that time to go out to watch a movie and spending those few hours with your special someone will be something special.
- Take the Train: Viarail has really unique routes that you can explore. No one has to worry about driving, and you’ll get to explore beautiful Canada. The skyline car offers panoramic views while you enjoy your meals. Click here to see the skyline car.
- Invest in Learning: Maybe someone you know has been wanting to learn cooking, make-up, photography, skating, etc. Buy them the present of learning and helping them invest in their future.
- Paint the Night: This is such an awesome experience, you’ll get to paint, drink and then take your painting home. There are a lot of places offering this service. Click here to search.
- Trampoline Park: You’ll get a workout and have a fun group event. Add in a little secret Santa game, with a dinner afterwards. Click here to visit one location.
- Gingerbread House Party: Arrange a potluck and a gingerbread decoration contest. Include prizes, get together, and get creative.
It’s all about investing in experiences. You can look back at memories from these experiences and smile!!
Here are links to a few other gift guides:
New Year’s is only 2 weeks away!! Where did this year go?! I love this time of the year!! There’s a lot of special events, beautiful holiday decor, amazing sales, and sparkly outfits!! Here’s one of my favorites:
It was love at first sight with this velvet ruffle skirt!! The luxe fabric, and fun ruffles are absolutely perfect for this time of the year!! I wore this outfit to a baby shower a few weeks ago, and received so many compliments on this skirt. I also plan on wearing a sequin top with this skirt for a holiday party!!
New York has always been the city of dreams!! NYC is filmed in so many movies, both Hollywood and Bollywood. People all over the world dream about visiting New York and the famous landmarks. Here are some of my favorites!!