Valentine’s day is just around the corner!! Here’s a little healthy treat I baked for my family – Whole Wheat Strawberry Hearts!!
Let’s get baking…
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix the following ingredients in one bowl
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3. Add 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced) and mix to cover strawberries
4. Mix the following ingredients in another bowl:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour into oiled muffin tray or heart shaped tray, and bake for 22-25 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle!!
7. Cool and love!!
I found the full recipe on this blog for whole wheat strawberry muffins!!