It’s a new year, and this year I’ve decided to work on making both my body and mind Healthy! I plan on accomplishing my goal with the following tips:
1. Eating Healthy: Each grocery store is designed in a very similar way. Check it out the next time you go!! Fruits, vegetables, poultry, dairy & baked goods are all around the edges. All those delicious chocolate bars, fizzy pop, salty chips, etc. are in the middle aisles. My goal is to only buy items around the edges – the fresh items, and avoid the chips and cookies (that are always calling my name!). Walk around the edges, pick up the fresh food, and walk out. Efficient and healthy grocery shopping done!!
2. Meal Prep: My goal is to have more home cooked meals and less restaurant food. In order to have a balanced diet, I am trying to incorporate servings of vegetables, protein, fruits and some carbohydrates. This article is quite helpful when deciding on meals.
3. Make a list: Going grocery shopping? Remember your grocery list!! You’ve figured out the grocery store route, planned your meals, and now it’s time to buy only the required items. This will not only save you money, but also help avoid buying unnecessary junk food items.
4. Exercise: Incorporate a workout 2-3 times a week into your schedule. This can include going to the gym, running outside, playing sports, swimming, yoga, etc. Pick your favorite and make it happen!!
5. Relax: We live extremely busy lives. We’re either trying to meet deadlines at work, attending fun events, or completing house chores. Take half an hour each day to relax. Whether it’s by watching your favorite TV show, reading a book, meditating, or going for a short walk.