The weather seems to be getting nicer and I’ve stored away my winter Parka!! Good thing I purchased this blush pink coat from Banana Republic. It’s warm, the perfect length and the most beautiful blush pink. A wool coat is a must in your closet and here’s mine.
Banana Republic Coat (Sold out, another favorite here) ~ Loft Sweater (Similar here) ~ Leggings ~ Nine West Shoes (Similar here)
Wear your winter blush, and stay warm!!
The sky is blue, the sun is shinning, the birds are chirping and flowers are blooming!! Spring is almost here! This weekend I stored away all of my winter boots (is it too early?!). Well, I did it anyway. I am so excited to wear my spring flats, and colorful pumps. Every year, at the end of winter, I clean my boots and store them back in their boxes so they are maintained properly. Here are the steps I follow:
- Gather all of your winter boots (Leather, Suede, Uggs, ankle, OTK, everything!)
- Damp a cotton cloth in warm water
- Wipe boots in the following order (clean your cloth after every step):
- First, wipe the tops (leg part and top) of all boots
- Second, wipe the sides of all boots
- Third, wipe the bottom rim & side of the heel of all boots
- Fourth, run low water in the sink, and wash the bottom of all boots (ensure suede or leather does NOT get wet, ONLY rinse the bottom of the boots)
- Fifth, wipe the bottom of all boots with a cloth (ensure all salt stains are off)
- Leave boots to dry
- Pack away in boxes
- You’re all done!!
It’s pretty to display all of your shoes in your closet. However, over-time there’s dust that sits on boots which will damage your boots. Closed closet or not, dust will sneak in and rest on your boots. Also, during winter when I open all of my boxes to pull out my boots, it feels as if I’m taking out new boots. This is a great feeling, and saves me from spending too much (although, you can never have too many shoes! Right?!).
What are your secrets to maintaining your boots? Share your ideas in the comments section so we can all benefit!!
Valentine’s day is just around the corner!! Here’s a little healthy treat I baked for my family – Whole Wheat Strawberry Hearts!!
Let’s get baking…
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix the following ingredients in one bowl
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3. Add 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced) and mix to cover strawberries
4. Mix the following ingredients in another bowl:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour into oiled muffin tray or heart shaped tray, and bake for 22-25 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle!!
7. Cool and love!!
I found the full recipe on this blog for whole wheat strawberry muffins!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
A red and pink combination works well with my South Asian outfits. So, I went out and tried it with my dress, and I absolutely love it. What do you think?
Valentines is just around the corner!! Are you planning this year, or waiting for a surprise from your significant other? The lines up at bakery & chocolate shops will be around the corner. Last year Prairie Girl Cupcakes packed special cupcakes with balloons for all valentine’s day orders. Godiva offered special chocolate packages. Flower shops will be filled (or emptied out by the end of day) with gorgeous and fresh bouquets. Restaurants will have special menus for valentines. Love will be in the air!!
Some people don’t think valentine’s day is a big deal, and some people think it’s the biggest day to declare your love. I think it’s a great excuse to dress up, spend quality time together, and express your gratitude and love. It’s a darling time!! So, here’s a lovely outfit for love day!!
I hope your day is filled with loads of flowers, treats and love!!
Shop the look on SHOP page or click here.
I love a classic perfectly fitted dress. I saw this dress at Banana Republic (Surprise!! I think 90% of my wardrobe is from Banana Republic), and I couldn’t resist it. The color is perfect for fall & winter vibes, but the long zipper in the back is the main reason for this purchase. It definitely spices up the dress. I usually pair this dress with a cream/gold beaded necklace, and patterned stockings. You can add a pair of booties/boots for winter, but I wore these gold shoes to tie in the whole outfit.
Sometimes all you need is a little casual outfit over the weekend for running errands. Wearing black on black is great during this season, but I always like to add a little color to my black outfits. If you know me, you know I love colors. A pink scarf, and a pink purse is the perfect little touch.
Sweater (or tunic) ~ Jeans ~ Boots ~ Scarf (Old, another favourite here) ~ Purse (Kate Spade sold out, here, here & another favourite here) ~ Watch
Go a head, add a little colour!!