New York, concrete jungle~ Jay-z & Alicia Keys
Where dreams are made of
There’s nothing you can’t do
Now you’re in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Let’s hear it for New York
New York, New York
I absolutely love visiting NYC!! And seriously, who doesn’t?!
Whether it’s in Spring to see the beautiful cherry blossoms at Central Park, in Summer for a cruise around Manhattan Island, Autumn for all the thanksgiving vibes or Winter for the sparkle of holiday season (or because you watched Home Alone way too many times, and really needed to see the tree at Rockefeller Center!! Thanks a lot Home Alone and every other holiday movie!!)
Christmas in NYC was sort of an impromptu trip but one of the best ever!
We stayed at Hotel Indigo Lower East Side, an award winning hotel offering amazing views of Manhattan skyline, spacious clean rooms, a rooftop pool, & a vibrant bar (Mr. Purple!). My favorite part was the lobby on the 4th floor with a lounge and floor-to-ceiling windows! After a day of exploring, we would all change into our comfortable clothes and meet in the lounge for the after party/get-together!!
Restaurants near the hotel:
- Clinton St. Baking Company (Best pancakes!!)
- Beauty & Essex (Delicious food!)
- Benson’s NYC (Burgers & Fries!)
- Lil’ Frankie’s (Pizza!! Pizza!! Pizza!!)
- Vandal (OMG!! Ahhh-mazing food & atmosphere!)
- Lombardi’s (Pizzaaaaa!!)
- Doughnut Plant (Yum!!!)
- Cha Cha Matcha (Green Tee everything!!)
- Nolita (Pink everything!)
- Dudley’s (So good!!)
- Souvlaki GR (Greek food!!)
If you stay in Lower East Side, you will not have a problem finding coffee shops, or restaurants!! Trust Me!!
Here is a list of top attractions to visit during the Holiday season, but seriously, don’t be limited by these options!! New York is amazing all over, all the time!!
- Rockefeller Center: You can feel the magic as soon as you approach this area; holiday music, beautiful window displays, happy tourists, & the TREE!! All of the buildings in this area are gorgeously decorated with holiday decor.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: The best & most magical light-show in the city!! Go here at night to see a spectacular music & light show! It get’s really crowded, so go earlier, walk around 5th Ave. and then catch the show!!
- Bryant Park Market: You will find a skating rink, gift shops, & lots of restaurants here. Shop for some very unique gifts for your family & friends at this market.
- The Oculus: The new train station that looks like a dove in flight now replaces the PATH train station destroyed during 9/11. It’s a must visit!! Once you’re done, walk straight into Century 21 and finish your holiday shopping!!
- Three World Financial Center: Palm Trees, in NYC? Yes, that’s right, palm trees!! Enjoy a beautiful light show while sitting underneath palm trees and devouring your favorite Sprinkles Cupcakes!! And of course, finish up some of that luxury shopping!!
- Brooklyn Bridge: A stroll on this bridge is a must! It’s beautifully lit at night, and when you look back at the beautiful skyline of NYC shining bright, you will fall in love with NYC all over again!!
- Central Park: Maybe you’re interested in skating, enjoying a romantic horse & carriage ride or strolling through the park to enjoy it’s beauty in winter. You’ll be thirsty and/or hungry after walking around in Central Park, but don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. The Park Plaza Food Court is right across from the park, so head straight in there, and get yourself a drink, a few snacks and relax!!
- Cartier Building: Last year it was wrapped in a beautiful bow and I am excited to see the decor this year! You can also do a little shopping on 5th Ave!! Shopping seems to be the running theme here, even though this blog is suppose to be about holiday decor in NYC!!
- Time Square: You know you have to go to here. I mean, did you even go to NYC if you didn’t take a picture at Times Square!?! Amiright?!
- Igloo Bar – 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar: This was one of my favorites!! You must visit the igloos if you’re in NYC during winter!! You can hang out in heated igloos, drink holiday beverages, & enjoy stunning views of the Empire State Building!! It just doesn’t get any better than this!! So, just book your ticket right now, and go!! An experience not to be missed!!
Wining & Dining!
We can’t forget about the food in NYC!! Ah, the food!! There are so many wonderful restaurants, but here are a few I love!!
- Cha Cha Matcha
- Benson’s NYC
- Artichoke Basille’s Pizza
- Magnolia Bakery
- Joe’s Pizza
- Carlo’s Bakery
- Pepe Rosso Social
- 230 Fifth’s Rooftop Igloos
- Jacke’s Wife Freda
- Waffles & Dings
- Ferrara Bakery
- El Luchador
- Shake Shack
- Sprinkles Cupckaes
- Doughnut Planet
If you’d like to catch more of the stories from my NYC holiday trip, check out the highlights on my Instagram page. Click on “New York” and after watching these stories, you will want to go to NYC asap!!
I hope you enjoyed this post!! Let me know if you have any other recommendations in the comments!! I would love to hear from you!